Monday, October 4, 2010

OCTOBER

Its October and I am behind a couple days but here is what I am excited for this month!

Out with the summer weather and into fall weather.
We drastically went from summer to fall...from 95 to 75 in about a day. Along with this wonderful relief from the heat came the fall colds all over the office and into our home. It will leave soon I hope!

Cleveland.
I went to Cleveland Ohio this past weekend to celebrate with my sweet friend Amanda. We had a great time working on wedding stuff, seeing her wedding dress, shopping, eating the most fabulous caramel apples, wedding shower, time with my Ohio extended family and fellowship! I can't wait to see her get married in two months and to stand by her side for this joyful event.

Thanksgiving.
You are probably thinking that is a November event but November doesn't have any Ts and I am excited for Thanksgiving right now because I get to see my family that is around the world. Chris and I are driving to Falls Church VA to Peter, Betsy, Sam and precious baby niece, Karen is flying in from the cold midwest city of Chicago, Mom and Dad are flying in from the tropics and we all get to spend a couple days together. Eating, talking, eating, touring DC, eating, doting on niece and nephew, eating, family time....I can't wait!

Out with Baseball and onto Football! Much to my nephews dismay I am not as big a fan of baseball as he is. He is just too cute for words when he gets excited about baseball. Now it seems like every night there is football on TV these days. This weekend is the Elon-App State Football game and I am all about some Elon Football...rooting on the phoenix from the comfort of my own home and avoiding going to Boone. GO ELON PHOENIX! I guess baseball is not over but football has taken over so its ok. Chris also just informed me that Hockey starts this week. We base our TV watching on what sport is on TV: football, hockey, basketball, golf...etc...etc!

Births. Our niece is set to arrive any day now or around the 26th. We can't wait to have another little precious girl in our family. We know that Peter and Betsy will again be great parents and Sam will be a great big brother. If you want to see some of the latest and cutest on Sam visit http://the-rice-pad.blogspot.com/.

Everything Soup.
I was never a big fan of soup growing up but I have discovered some great soups and my crock pot in the last year. So I am excited that it is cooling down and I can use the crock pot for some delicious soups and come home to a ready to eat meal!

Reading. It is such a joy to be able to read again and not for classes. I should have figured this out earlier but I finally started picking books up again this month. I have also decided that I am going to focus on a couple books of the Bible ever month. In September I read Galatians and Ester. This month I am on Ruth and I think I am going through I and II Corinthians. I love the books about some of the famous women in the Bible. So inspiring for me.

So here is to a great October full of fun, adventures and all sorts of pumpkin and warmth inside. Maybe we will even carve a pumpkin this year since we have been talking about it for 4 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment