Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nice things in store for NOVEMBER!

November is a wonderful month. We have lots to look forward to and so many things to be thankful for. This time I am going to try to do my month list by listing things we are thankful for and looking forward to this month.

New jobs....this is old in the sense that I have been at my job for two months but we are very thankful for the fact that we both have jobs that we love and enjoy. It is a blessing to have a double income right now and to be able to give and bless others.

Otoño. So there are no "f" in November but there is an "O" and otoño is fall in Spanish. Yesterday we enjoyed hiking at Pilot Mountain and on the drive out there we kept commenting on the beauty around us. The leaves have changed colors and everything looks so vibrant right now. God's beautiful creation is exemplified this time of year around her.

Ventures...I would say adventures is more like it. This year we have enjoyed spending time with friends and family on many random ventures. We started the year between Virginia and Costa Rica, then back to NC for an overkill of WINTER and white wonderland, wonderful times getting to know friends and spending time with them here, more Virginia with family in May, Figure 8 in May, Charleston for our anniversary in June, Virginia in August, Cleveland in September and so many more trips to come! We thank God for friends, family and all the 'ventures He takes us on.

Exercise. If you know Chris and I, you probably know that we love sports, being outside and working out. I am thankful that we both enjoy said things and get to do them together. I am thankful that we are healthy and can exercise regularly!

Marina Alling Rice. Our sweet niece was born a week and a half early on October 13th. She made her entrance into the world at 12:24 am. We have enjoyed looking at her pictures with Mom and Dad and big brother Sam but really can't wait to get up there to see her in person. We are also thankful that we get to see the entire Rice family for the first time since January in Virginia for Thankgiving!

Best food ever. So I could go on and on and on about how much I like Thanksgiving and the food we intake on that day. I really have learned to appreciate fall-ish food more the last few years. I like warm soup on a cold day, pumpkin bread and other yummy treats and oh Thanksgiving food. Homemade turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, green beans, salad, cranberry sauce, gravy, pie and so on. But what I am truly thankful for is the ability to make all these delicious foods and to be able to spend time with family enjoying them!

Enjoying God's word. I have really enjoyed digging into Esther and I Corinthians this month and the Adoption series at Westover. So much good stuff. I will write more about it in the next few weeks as I get my head around it!

Reading. Over the last two months Chris and I have started reading more for fun. I used to read for fun all the time then college happened. I don't know what about college happened but I quit reading for fun as much. We have been enjoyed getting back into reading for fun and watching Everyone Loves Raymond!

We hope and pray that you enjoy the next few weeks as we remember all those little and big things we are Thankful for and spend time with family and friends. May God abundantly bless you and your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment